Thursday, May 7, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

My apologies for being absent from the usual blogging. It's been crazy busy! Which is a very good thing and my thanks to everyone for the continued support. We hope you enjoy urban farmhouse as much as we do!

All kinds of new shipments have been arriving just about every day. Some via UPS, Fed Ex and my truck, which is still full as I have been unpacking and pricing the other arrivals. More fantastic finds will arrive tomorrow and next week. Some will wait in the wings specifically for the Antiques & Gardening Show next week and some is already out at the shop, disappearing fast and getting rave reviews. (Your feedback on our products is very important to me and influences future purchases. Please let me know if there is something you love and don't ever want to be without or if you felt that "um, not so much" feeling. Thank you!)

I also brought in some fresh herb, washed zinc-look terrariums. They are overflowing with basil, oregano and thyme. They smell simply intoxicating! They are wonderful Mother's Day presents, something she'll enjoy all summer. If she would rather be cooked for than do the cooking,not to worry! We have loads of other simply perfect presents for all the special moms in your life.

We stopped at Bryn Du this week to look in the "Laundry House" which is where we will be set up, inside and out. The building is beautiful, I could easily live in it. Below are 2 photos I took with my phone of the inside of the front room...just wait until you see it transformed from storage area to a "Bryn Du urban farmhouse" beauty!

We've been scouring the state for all kinds of garden statuary, fountains, urns, wicker & more for your garden or patio (or inside!) Only one little teaser picture...don't want to spoil all the surprises!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that statue looks beautiful. We love the old gardern items! Can't wait to see your pics from the garden show.
marcie

EMBELLISH said...

Patiently awaiting the arrival - I can't wait to visit the shop!

Unknown said...

I wish I lived nearby -- I'd steal all those boxes for my moving adventure!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, now slow down and smell the roses on Mother's Day!
Brenda