Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady, part 1

If you follow me on Facebook then you know I purchased this crackly lady a few weeks ago. I thought it would be fun to style it three different ways for you and this is the first installment of the three photo shoots.

“I love it when a plan comes together” is one of my father-in-law’s favorite sayings. He always throws it out there when in the middle of chaos (usually a card game of Shoot the Moon) everything just suddenly falls into place (read he gets a loner, comes from behind and wins the game for his team). That is the phrase that came to mind when I stumbled on these hand painted sled and ski pole dishes from Belgium.

They are absolutely perfect for mid winter! My antique sled is a perfect accompaniment, the icing on the cake…the plan coming together.

For the rest of the cupboard I went clean and edited. After putting away all the holiday decorations my eyes crave simple and sparse. A shed moose antler is repeated in a  splash of green from the stag horn fern. The baskets hide mittens and leashes for walking the dogs.

A toasty sky blue sweater throw and a mug of hot cocoa awaits your return.

I’ll restyle this cupboard two more times. If it were in your home how would you fill it?

No comments: